Helen Day Art Center is hiring a full time, salaried Development Director.
Helen Day Art Center is hiring a full time, salaried Development Director. View job listing as pdf.
Helen Day Art Center, Stowe, VT
Full time, salaried
Helen Day Art Center is hiring a full time, salaried Development Director. We are one of the region’s primary contemporary art exhibition and education resources, offering a range of dynamic programming that asserts the value of art and engages approximately 75,000 people each year as visitors, students, volunteers, creators, and patrons. We seek an an experienced and passionate individual to join our highly collaborative work environment. Salary package commensurate with experience.
The Development Director will assume a senior leadership role in the growth of the organization, primarily in expanding base support through fundraising and volunteers. The Development Director will work directly with the Executive Director and the board development committee to set and implement fundraising goals in order to grow the organization and meet the mission and strategic goals.
● Working closely with the Director and Operations Manager, the Development Director will develop and oversee all planning for the Art Center’s fundraising efforts, including a strong annual campaign, capital or special campaigns, special events, endowment, grants, planned giving, and grant writing.
● Identify, cultivate, and steward major donors, and develop strategies to expand the current base of philanthropic revenue sources for the Art Center.
● Assist with the planning and execution of special events, including but not limited to the Annual Spring Gala, house parties, and campaign events; that raise philanthropic support for the Art Center.
● Work closely with the Executive Director to work within the budget for each fiscal year based on the mission and the strategic goals
● Develop, Coordinate, and Maintain a successful and sustainable volunteer and internship program
Candidates should have at least 4 years of increasing fundraising success; experience cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors and growing fundraising programs; experience working with volunteer leadership; willingness to work flexible hours including some nights and weekends as necessary; excellent communication skills with the ability to understand and translate information for all audiences; outstanding strategic thinking skills and the ability to build support for the Art Center’s vision of the future; knowledge of contemporary art and experience with arts organizations; and experience with donor/constituent database management, preferably Salesforce.
Resume or CV
Sample of successful grant application
Helen Day Art Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all racial, ethnic, and
religious backgrounds to apply. HDAC staff members are selected on the basis of ability without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation
ART INSTRUCTORS NEEDED!
The Helen Day Art Center is looking for instructors for visual art classes for youth (pre-school to grade 12) and adults (ages 16 and up).
Our programs include Summer camps, after-school classes, weekend and 4 to 6 week adult workshops.
Previous teaching experience preferred.
Or mail to Helen Day Art Center
PO Box 411, Stowe, VT 05672.
Helen Day Art Center is a non-profit, member supported, community arts and education organization in Stowe, VT. HDAC is an equal opportunity employer.